[ve-dev] Accessing Selected object in VE

Title: Accessing Selected object in VE

hi all,
how do I get the selected component on the visual editor canvas?
How do I get access to the root model and the IJAvaInstance of the selected object.
I have tried to go through source code of 'org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.editorpart.BeansList'
and 'org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.editorpart.JavaVisualEditorPart'. I am not able to find any entry point for accessing selected objects.

My requirement is to build a tree that partially replicates the JavaBean View to show both visual and non-visual components present in the java file in the form of a tree.Is there any API provided for developers to access the components in the visual editor. I have tried going through the current API and the source code available for tracking the JavaBean View components, but it has not been fruitful

Can anybody please help.
-rashmi

Back to the top