[ve-dev] Problems with the Visual Class Editor

Hi,

I noticed that you added the source code for libswt-gtk-print to the CVS.
With this source code I was able to build a preliminary  Debian package for the
VE. AFAIK, the libswt-gtk-print is used to capture image from the widget
and use GEF to create editor with this images.

I have now the problem that I have a floating  window over the workbench and
the captured images doesn't show up in the editor, see
http://vern.chem.tu-berlin.de/~stephan/images/eclipse-ve-swt.png or
http://vern.chem.tu-berlin.de/~stephan/images/eclipse-ve-swing.png

I have one error in the error log, but it doesn't seem to be direct
related to the problem:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Figure is not a child
	at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.remove(Figure.java(Compiled Code))
	at org.eclipse.draw2d.FreeformLayer.remove(FreeformLayer.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editpolicies.GraphicalEditPolicy.removeFeedback(GraphicalEditPolicy.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.ve.internal.swt.GridLayoutEditPolicy.eraseGridFigure(GridLayoutEditPolicy.java:322)
	at org.eclipse.ve.internal.swt.GridLayoutEditPolicy.gridVisibilityChanged(GridLayoutEditPolicy.java:423)
	at org.eclipse.ve.internal.cde.core.GridController.setGridShowing(GridController.java:212)
	at org.eclipse.ve.internal.swt.GridLayoutEditPolicy$3.selectedStateChanged(GridLayoutEditPolicy.java:528)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.fireSelectionChanged(AbstractEditPart.java:407)
[...]

Have you any idea what goes wrong, or how do I fix it?

Thank you, Stephan Michels.

Back to the top