[ve-dev] Need help in developing Graphical Editor

Hi,

I have started working with eclipse plug-in development recently. I have a requirement which need to support below features:
  • Develop a graphical editor with custom palette
  • Custom code generator

I have tried with the existing plug-ins like Visual Editor and others, but I am not able to proceed much because of following issues:

  • I have to develop the above for custom defined language which is defined based on 'xml meta language'.
  • The controls/widgets code will be defined in custom code only. I have to map these definitions and generate the grapical representation.
  • When the controls/widgets is placed on the editor, the custom code need to be display on the source view.

Can someone guild/help me where i can start?

Thanks in adavance.

- Venkat

Yahoo! for Good