RE: [ve-dev] separator

"Janak Mulani" <janak.mulani@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/22/2005 11:13 AM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project

"Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project" <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [ve-dev] separator

  import com.ulcjava.base.application.ULCToolBar.ULCSeparator;

YWe have two ULCSeparator classes: one inner (inside ULCToolBar) and
independent standalone class (used by ULCMenu).

When I put ULCToolBar$ULCSeparator on the canvas:

The BeanFactory.generateInit() method generates:

  import com.ulcjava.base.application.ULCToolBar.ULCSeparator;

   and the instance and getter method:

   private ULCToolBar.ULCSeparator toolBarSep = null;

   ULCToolBar.ULCSeparator getToolBarSep() {

                                 toolBarSep = new ULCToolBar.ULCSeparator();
   }

And this gives compilation error because it cannot resolve ULCToolBar.

>>> RLK >>>

  Gili will have to verify this, but if it creates a import of ULCToolBar.ULCSeparator, it should of generated ULCSeparator toolBarSep. These are in conflict. Probably for us to prevent as many ambiguous as possible when we have an inner class we should generate the import only to the outer-most class. So we probably should generate the import as ULCToolBar, not as ULCToolBar.ULCSeparator. It's more wordy, but it is clearer which separator you are talking about.

  Gili, you will need to make this change. Since we are frozen for 1.1, this won't make it until the fixpack.

Thanks,
Rich