Re: [ve-dev] Re: Using JEM to draw cartoon images of widgets

HI Namrata,

It depends. For us if we have a frame with buttons on it, we only care about the image of the frame because that image will include the image of the buttons since they are on the frame. Since we can get the absolute location of the buttons relative to the frame from the ComponentManager, we know their position and size and we could just use that as our child figure bounds. Our child figure has a transparent image on it (i.e. no image is painted but it has bounds so that it can be clicked on, or a border drawn around it).

If you wanted only the image of the button to put someplace else other than to be within the image of the frame, then you would have to retrieve the image of the button separately.

Rich

Back to the top