Re: [ve-dev] RE: next release of VE

"Janak Mulani" <janak.mulani@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/14/2005 12:01 PM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project

<ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Dr Gili Mendel/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Subject
[ve-dev] RE: next release of VE

Hi,

1. When is the next milestone with fixes for 61944 (see below) expected?

2. Do you have any large (many components, complex layout and complex GUI)
Visual classes with Swing components as test cases for the VE? If so from
where can I get them? I would like to open these in VE as they are and
compare the performance with corresponding ULC GUI in ULC VE.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextools.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/vep-home/WebContent/docs/performance/index.html

3. We have noticed a problem:

Scenario:

- Change field name in the property sheet for a Visual class with say 20
components.
- The parser starts to synch the code and the image.
- While the parser is running, the user saves and closes the VE class.
- A dialog comes up saying a process is running.
- This dialog remains for ever. One cannot close Eclipse, it has to be
killed.
- Restart Eclipse - sometime there are problems because the Visual Class
that was closed while
the parser was running is in inconsistent state.

Can the saving and closing of the VE class while the code synch parser is
running be prevented?

Some additional points:

- It is not possible to rename fields in Pause mode.

- Is it possible to put the VE in pause roundtrip mode while the source code
is being changed in the source editor i.e. the focus is in the source
editor?

Thanks and regards,

Janak

Back to the top