Re: [ve-dev] Fw: Softcoding VCE variable scoping of controls/components/beans

And I just had a thought for one more level of flexibility.

If the object has an Annotation attached (which is where we store the fieldname), and there is a keyed value where the key is "PRESET_SCOPE" and the value is one of the enum values, that would take priority over all.

This would allow for special customized adds, such as a complete prototype Composite with children and settings in the palette where the children can have a different scoping, such as all of the children could be LOCAL or PROPERTY.

Prototypes are setup in XMI files in the palette and allow a complicated already initialized object to be dropped. We use it to drop a JScrollPane with a JTable inside of it.

This setting is ephemeral in that codegen wouldn't produce it nor needs, but it is of use during the initial drop.

Thanks,
Rich

Back to the top