Re: [udig-dev] Plans for uDig as a web application?

Hi Riccardo,

> this might be a silly question, because the "d" in uDig stands for
> "desktop" AFAIK. But I heard about other RCP based applications that
> were or are being migrated to the web (sometimes using Eclipse Theia),
> so I'm just curious:
>
> are there any plans to release uDig as a web application that one can
> download and host it somewhere?
>
> The much more interesting use case is IMHO to use a web version of uDig
> as platform for own GIS applications that can be used in a browser.

there has been an effort years ago, using RAP. I am not aware of the
current situation of the project, but the last time I saw it, it was
very nicely configurable web project.
It is called polymap: https://github.com/Polymap4
You will have to get in touch with the author to get more info though.

Cheers,
Andrea