Re: [udig-dev] 回复: udig building error about "mvn clean install -Pproduct -Psdk -Pdocs"

Hi Quinn and all,

Regarding the GDAL issue and since I recently deal with the subject, I am  providing below some information on how to resolve it:
First of all this warning is not a blocking factor in what concerns running of the udig application. The absence of GDAL however will prohibit you from loading (as a layer) extra types of files that GDAL is able to understand (i.e. ecw, dted files etc.).
In order enable GDAL support for udig application and from within eclipse you need to specify some extra env variables specifying mainly the location of GDAL data types and native dll.
On how to download and install GDAL native artifacts have a look at the following URL: http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/raster/gdal.html
Essentially based on the imageio-ext version you use you need to do the following:
  1. Download gdal-data.zip & gdal native libraries (for the OS you are using) which for the current version of geotools that udig utilizes is the version 1.9.2 (i.e. gdal-1.9.2-MSVC2010-x64.zip for 64 bit windows)
  2. unzip them to appropriate folders in your disk.
  3. Then from within eclipse and in your launch configuration you need to define the following env variables (setting their values according to the folders you created in step 2) in order udig to be able to locate GDAL support during startup (see image below)

If you do everything correct. Then during startup you will get the following message to the console
Jul 23, 2018 9:02:26 AM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
INFO: GDAL Native Library loaded (version: 1.9.2)

indicating successful resolving of GDAL. Then for within the application and if you go to Layer-->Add...  you select files and click next you can check the existence of the GDAL files as being now supported (see figure below).

Hi,Frank and Hendrik,

I try to build without "docs" profile (same 2nd build-step but without '-Pdocs'),and I build uDIG,it succesed。

But these are some warning tips in the console about log4j and GDAL ,is it normal?if not, how to do?

thanks!

Quinn

this is the warning tips below