Re: [udig-dev] Updating Tutorials/Examples for Current Release (E4)

I'm wondering about org.tukaani.xz dependency. I checked the feature configurations and the bundle is'nt listed in any feature.xml file.
Just an idea to check your configuration: Do you start your product from within IDE by cleaning/clearing configuration area and workspace. Eclipse caches run configurations.

Please check your current run configuration (Run --> Run configurations, select the one thats responsible for org.locationtech.udig-udig.product
and, click on plugin tab and filter the plugins on the upper text box. uncheck "org.tukaani.xz" and re-run. However, activate the follwoing opions on Main and Configuration tab to make sure cache is cleaned on startup. This make sense whenever an plugin.xml file or teh configuration (product file) has been changed:
Inline-Bild 1

About Turotials:
* all these Tutorials were not updated/checked since upgrade to E4. Thanks for your report. Would you be kind to create an issue for that in locationtech bugzilla for the moment : https://locationtech.org/bugs/describecomponents.cgi?product=uDig
* I addressed this gap in the idea section for EclipseCon Europe Hackathon this November. If you can make it, even as a speaker, please attend and we can fix it: https://locationtech.org/wiki/uDig/ECE2015-Hackathon

- Frank

I am able to launch org.locationtech.udig/udig.product

I attached the error log to this message (org.locationtech.udig-udig.product.log)

Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.tukaani.xz; bundle-version="1.3.0"

I was not able to find a maven repository conainting this bundle.

When i try to launch org.locationtech.udig.tutorials.rcp/rcp.product.log the application fails to start.

(org.locationtech.udig.tutorials.rcp-rcp.product.log)

Moaning about Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.emf.ecore; bundle-version="2.9.0"

So i open up the rcp.product and add org.eclipse.emf.common and core, and add other required features.

The error log changes (org.locationtech.udig.tutorials.rcp-rcp.product-edited.product.log)

If you need more details, let me know.

I’m running this on Windows 7 Professional, 64bit with Eclipse Version: Mars Release (4.5.0) Build id: 20150621-1200

Bakk. Techn. Ludwig M. Moser-Spitzenstätter

Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen

Tiroler Landesmuseen-Betriebsgesellschaft m.b.H.
Feldstrasse 11a, 6020 Innsbruck
Tel +43 512 594 89-425   Fax DW -440

l.spitzenstaetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.tiroler-landesmuseen.at | www.biooffice.at