Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:57:19 +1000
From: jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx
To: udig-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [udig-dev] problem adding a lib

There is perhaps one more thing to do ... the eclipse class loader really likes to lock down interactions between "bundles".

In addition to listing the file in MANIFEST.MF (which you can do from the "runtime" tab of the MANIFEST.MF editor) you also need to explicitly say what packages you want to "publish" from the bundle.

So not only are they restricting what jars are available on the class path, they are also providing fine grain control over what packages in those jars are "public" :)

So back to the runtime tab in the MANIFEST.MF editor, and check on the right hand side for the list of published packages. There is a button to add more packages to this list.
--
Jody

Jody Garnett