Re: [udig-dev] Development environment

Hi there,

It's me again. The guy who cannot build nDig in Eclipse.

After correcting what I was doing wrong I have the project on Eclipse Indigo Win64 and I still getting the same error when I tried to Launch the udig.product application. Here is the log file:

!SESSION 2014-01-29 09:45:27.035 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_45
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.locationtech.udig.product
Command-line arguments:  -product org.locationtech.udig.product -data C:\Users\ilucena\workspace/../runtime-udig.product -dev file:C:/Users/ilucena/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/udig.product/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2014-01-29 09:45:27.834
!MESSAGE Product org.locationtech.udig.product could not be found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2014-01-29 09:45:27.906
!MESSAGE One or more bundles are not resolved because the following root constraints are not resolved:
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2014-01-29 09:45:27.906
!MESSAGE Bundle reference:file:/C:/Users/ilucena/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.bundle_pool/plugins/org.eclipse.help.ui_3.5.101.r37_20110819.jar was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.help.ui 2 0 2014-01-29 09:45:27.906
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.eclipse.ui.forms_[3.5.0,4.0.0).

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2014-01-29 09:45:27.908
!MESSAGE The following is a complete list of bundles which are not resolved, see the prior log entry for the root cause if it exists:
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2014-01-29 09:45:27.909
!MESSAGE Bundle org.eclipse.help.ui_3.5.101.r37_20110819 [42] was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.help.ui 2 0 2014-01-29 09:45:27.909
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.eclipse.ui.forms_[3.5.0,4.0.0).

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-01-29 09:45:27.910
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

If I understand it right, the org.locationtech.udig.product.jar if not generated because the compilation cannot find packages org.eclipse.ui.form_*.

Is that right?

Why is that?

Is there something outdated on the target platform definition or something has changed on the repository website?

Can I just grab the missing packages from here [http://archive.eclipse.org/technology/babel/]? But how to include that to my project?

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Ivan