[udig-dev] Infrastructure requests

Hi Everyone,

I have two important infrastructure requests for uDig to plan for in order to settle into the infrastructure @ LocationTech.

The first one relates to the web site ( http://udig.refractions.net/). For vendor neutrality, it is important to host an important project resource at the Foundation. We can make space available for this as well as other infrastructure such as a 2nd git repository, automated syncing, etc. to facilitate.

The other one, perhaps a bigger deal, is with regards to JIRA. There are a number of reasons for why JIRA is not OK including vendor neutrality, but also eclipse accounts, terms of use, privacy policy, etc. uDig will need to move over to using Bugzilla. I suspect JIRA is as popular with uDig as it is with other projects so I am grateful for the patience & understanding here.

On a different note, hosting uDig code from Github, from the LocationTech organization, is OK and the plan for uDig. As an update, we have some new automation coming soon that will automatically manage committers, CLA's, and similar.

Regards,

Andrew

Back to the top