Re: [udig-devel] SoC

Great question Jody.

It might make sense to participate under the Eclipse banner this time around. Wayne & Jelena help ease much of the administrative burden. In time we may ramp up the LocationTech banner in its own right.

The other thing worth mentioning is UCOSP. It's like Google Summer of Code but students get marks rather than grades. It runs 2 sessions per year from September to December and January to April.

We have a close relationship with both programs. The UCOSP program in particular has a new international twin that was generously supported by Facebook this past term.