Re: [udig-devel] Single Band Raster Styling

Morning Emily,
I made it only in testing today, sorry, I am still abroad.

First off, this style editor rocks! Very nice work, thanks!

General: maybe the colortable combo should be alphabetically sorted, I
had hard time to find the table. And since most of the colobrewer
names are cryptic, it would be good to have a way to search better.

Anyways:

1) coloramp: works perfect

2) Intervals: works perfect

3) Unique values. I tried to do what a dummy would do and used a DTM
to create a colortable. It tried to calculate the unique value, stated
that only 256 could be allowed, threw:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its
general contract!
at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(TimSort.java:868)
at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(TimSort.java:485)
at java.util.TimSort.mergeCollapse(TimSort.java:410)
at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:214)
at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:173)
at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:659)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:217)
at net.refractions.udig.style.raster.ui.UniqueValuesDialog.sort(UniqueValuesDialog.java:334)
at net.refractions.udig.style.raster.ui.UniqueValuesDialog.access$7(UniqueValuesDialog.java:333)
at net.refractions.udig.style.raster.ui.UniqueValuesDialog$1.run(UniqueValuesDialog.java:169)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

and after that it went in out of memory.

> Also in that branch are a few changes to the legend plugin to ignore no data
> values in the legend.  I've attached a few images as examples.
>
> Currently no data values are determined by looking for the '-no data-' label
> in the color map label.  I am not sure if this is the best way to do it -
> but it is probably the most flexible.  Thoughts?

Hmmm, not sure about that. I tried 2 things:
1) add nodata to a ramp, and it works as expected
2) flag a whole interval as nodata and in the legend it is duplicated
(see attached image). While I thing I understand the reason it is
strange for the user (also an additional dash is added to the first)
3) if I add in the "Compute breaks.." a novalue, then nothing seems to
happen. I would imagine that a transparent rule for the novalue would
be added to the list. That would help to always know what I set as
novalue.

I add a couple of thoughts learned from using style:
- it would be nice to have an "export with one click" as in the vector
styles. What it does, is, that iif the layer is a file, it creates the
right named sld in the same folder. The export button is too slow for
such a "fast" thing
- it would be great to have something that "format" the number. Dtm
values will always be broken in double values with 8 numbers behind
decimal, so they will appear in the legend

Anyways, just thoughts, your work is great, I could play around with
it the whole day!
Andrea