Re: [udig-devel] Area measurement tool

Ok, I have it almost done :)

It displays area and perimeter.

As I see in distance tool, there is an algorithm to output the measurement in appropriate units
(km, m, mm) with certain decimals.
I can implement something similar for the area (sq km, sq m, sq mm)

But for imperial units what would be the desired units in proper order?
Square miles, acres, square feet, square inches?

I'm thinking to implement a preference page (for the Area Tool) where you can set the units in detail.
For example I'd wish to display the area in hectars and the perimeter in meters.

Should I make a new plugin, or we can put this straight into net.refractions.udig.tool.info ?

-Pana

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:24 PM, andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Pana,

> is there any area measurement tool available?

I am afraid not. The info tool always also gives the area a of the
selected geometry, but there is no interactive area mesaure tool.
It might be a nice addition though :)

Andrea