[udig-devel] UDig Rendering Performance

I've been developing an application using uDig for a mapping component. I had been using a checkout of uDig from the beginning of the year. I recently updated to the lastest source code to grab a variety of bug fixes.

However, since upgrading the rendering performance of maps is lousy. I loaded the country's shapefile into udig. With the old version when I'd pan and zoom it would be almost instantaneous to re-render. Now it takes between 1/2 to 1 second. It gets substantially worse if I add layers (with 8 shapefiles its taking upwards of 5 seconds to re-render).

Has anybody else noticed this or have any ideas why this occurs? I don't have profiler to run to see where the majority of time is being taken up.

Thanks
Emily

Back to the top