Re: [udig-devel] Ask for help - Customize scales

Quite interesting, I had similar issues in the past with the preferred
Scales. I assume that you like to change the preferred scales
dynamically only once for a specific map.

What I've done to solve this in my particular use case was to use the
extension point
net.refractions.udig.project.mapInterceptor
(https://github.com/uDig/udig-platform/blob/master/plugins/net.refractions.udig.project/schema/mapInterceptor.exsd)

and use the mapOpening option to set the prefered scales before the map opens.

Properly you are interested in the RFC to add UI support to edit
scales : http://udig.refractions.net:8080/confluence/display/UDIG/UI+Support+for+preferred+Map+Scales
and like to contribute...

Cheers, Frank