Re: [udig-devel] eclipse location working group

Thanks for the update - and the new "LocationTech" name!

Now that the location working group has a name, are we able to promote our involvement, and generally get going.

I have a short list of things I noticed and would like to work on:
- some files need their header filled in (sloppy code reviews I assume)
- I have updated the net.refractions.udig.libs license.html file with content from geotools.org
- I was going to write up a proposal to take the codebase to EPL license; does it help if we do this prior the IP team having their run through it?

I can also report some progress:
- We have a path forward to migrate our documentation out of the confluence wiki and into the source code tree

And a regression:
- Tycho is under such active development that I am having trouble keeping up and maintaining the command line build. I have signed up to the user list and will try and sort things out as I go.  One thing I am missing is a "good working example" of how plugins, feature and products are named in order to meet Tycho's expectations. I have checked over the eclipse repositories and can find some consistency but it looks like a work in progress. We had traditionally held our "udig.product" file in an existing plugin, Tycho is asking us to hold it in a standalone folder, but naming conventions are not clear.
--
Jody Garnett

Back to the top