[udig-devel] Aim of "Feature Selection" tool

Can anyone explain the purpose of the "Feature Selection" tool?

As far as I can see it just allows for the selection of a single
feature, deselecting all other eventually selected.

This is what does ALSO the "Box Selection" tool, which can also select
using bbox and allows for addition (/ subtraction) to selection
through Shift (/ Ctrl) key.

In my opinion if this is all the "Feature Selection" tool does the
result is just confusing the new user without adding functionality.

More, the "Feature Selection" tool does some strange behaviour if the
user tries to use it to draw a selection bbox: everything disappears
and a "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The provided envelope had
isNull true" is issued.

Finally the tool icon itself confusing: it suggest some way of
selecting through a "lasso" selection (based on a free hand drawn
polygon) which is not the case.

Can we just drop it or is there anything depending on it?

Marco

Back to the top