[udig-devel] OSM and Neo4j in uDig - GSoC Report, Week 4

Hello everyone,

I hope all is well. This week was a really great week. Things started to click and come together as far as understanding Neo4j within Java, how to index, the parsing API, etc.

What did I do this week?

What will I be working on next week?

  • Continue working on the new OSM Importer and routing research
  • Finish parsing for "tag" elements with relevant attributes for routing (ex: "highway")...also determine which attributes are relevant
  • Continue going through design patterns book as needed
  • Figure out the next step, once the importer is solid.

Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?

  • Was able to troubleshoot fairly easily this week...though I couldn't have done it without my mentor, Davide!
Thank you,
Carol Hansen

Back to the top