Re: [udig-devel] WFS-T(web feature service transaction) Support

We reply on the GeoTools library which does support WFS-T (specifically for WFS 1.0). WFS 1.1 is also supported; but nobody has volunteered (or hired) anyone to implement WFS-T support for 1.1.

My understanding is the plugin is in active development; specifically with respect to WFS 2.0 standard.

For more information the geotools docs are here:
http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/library/data/wfs.html
http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/library/data/wfs-ng.html

GeoTools also offers GML encoding and decoding if you need to issue some Transaction request by hand you can make use of the library to handle those sections. It works by setting up a configuration (based on the GML, Filter and WFS standard you are using) and then using that configuration with either a parser or an encoder.
--
Jody Garnett