[udig-devel] udig releases since 1.2.2 missing gdal_data dir

Hello Developers,

I reviewed some udig classes (e.g. net.refractions.udig.catalog.imageio.Activator) and expected to find a gdal_data folder in the udig root folder of installations. In addition I had a look into the release scripts to find out whats going on during packaging udig releases before upload. I could not find any gdal_data copy process. After that I checked out the releases since 1.2.2 and that's confusing me:
windows 1.2.2 (32 bit release) contains the gdal_data directory
BUT
windows 1.2.2 (34 bit release) doesn't

I'm missing the folder in the 1.3.x series as well. I guess some steps were missing during the release process (https://github.com/uDig/udig-platform/blob/master/deploy/installer/readme.txt) :

"1. Create a fresh archive release of uDig; copy in the jre and gdal_data as a a subfolder to the
   udig directory (as per the win32.sh shell script)"

properly Jody can clarify a bit. I'll try to step through the release process, properly we can make it easier by invoking pure maven (eclipse-application) and switch over to eclipse-repository packaging type and manipulate after  packaging the resulting zip (platform dependent start scripts and copying required folders and files into the zip (using maven-ant-tasks).

Suggestions? Feedback? How would like to volunteer to make the release process "stable"?

Thanks, Frank

Back to the top