[udig-devel] questions about JRE's and gdal

Hallo list,

in addition to the native library support for jai/imagio I'm working on bundles for gdal natives, where the net.refractions.udig.libs bundle with its imageio-ext-xxxx dependencies is the host plugin for the native fragments.
I tested on windows and added all native libraries to the fragment but at runtime I get the following error:

org.gdal.libs.win32\gdaljni.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

I'm wondering, which lib is in addition necessary and where to find it. I downloaded natives for windows from http://java.net/projects/imageio-ext/downloads/download/Releases/Dependencies/GDAL/NativeLibraries/1.7.3/Windows32/gdal1.7.3-win32.zip

I had a look at the sources of GDALUtilities.java (http://java.net/projects/imageio-ext/sources/svn/content/tags/1.1.2/library/gdalframework/src/main/java/it/geosolutions/imageio/gdalframework/GDALUtilities.java?rev=1326) and the only System.loadLibrary() call is in the loadGDAL() method.

Any suggestions? BTW, I was following the installation/configuration guide at : http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/JRE+for+Windows

Thanks a lot, Frank

Back to the top