Re: [udig-devel] bundle versions and sources for net.refractions.udig.libs bundle

I just tried to build from sources and I'm wondering about several things:
- the version of bundles are different, from 1.2.0 to 1.2.2 and 1.3.0
is everything to find.
We are only supposed to change version number when we change the plugin; this way plugins that people
write that depend on a specific version of net.refractions.udig.catalog can be sure of working.

We do this to follow the eclipse rules.

Cliff tells me I am supposed to make the pom.xml and MANIFEST.MF version numbers match; it could be I have missed one (if so that is just a mistake on my part).
In other projects like geotools the versions
are in every module and submodule the same.
GeoTools is doing its own thing here; it is not strictly correct. In earlier releases of GeoTools we allowed each module to have its own version number and to be treated as an individual project.
Can somebody explain, what the bundle net.refractions.udig.libs.source
is for.
It bundles up the geotools source jars and contributes them into the Eclipse IDE. This is included in the uDig SDK so that people can step through geotools code when doing a training course.
The sources, if available, can be copied with the
maven-dependencies-plugin by using classifier configuration. The
section in pom-libs.xml could look like this and was taken from the
already existing section but added the classifier element:
Any suggestions?
None at this time; looks like you are trying to replace the last couples uses of refresh xml?

I do have a question - for Jesse.

Right now the terra data plugin has its own libs directory; could we remove this now that you are out of RnD mode? I have just made an sample uDig 1.3.1 for testing; and I think it has the wrong version of your datastore.

Jody

Back to the top