Re: [udig-devel] Jpeg and Tiff image rendering speed

Perhaps it is just a thought experiment.

The GTRenderer does a *very* good and efficient job of calling GridCoverageRenderer. And gain tricks and speed improvements over time.
By calling GridCoverageRenderer directly we are not keeping up with the latest tricks.

As a quick experiment we can make a GTRenderer; and ask it to render our GridCoverage.

And then see if the result is any faster/better/etc.

This would mostly involve stripping out a lot of work we do by hand; so it is an easy thing to try out.

Oh, and rather than strip things out, the udig way is to copy into a new class, and change your plugin.xml over to use the new class (allowing for easy testing without disturbing others).

Jody