Re: [udig-devel] Status of 1.2.1 - commit / rollback / edit fun

Thanks Jesse; I am sure I was the one to break it; I re factored the code to have clear methods for each of the interceptors being applied.

I will be online a bit over the next two days; are you in position to get the release out?

Jody

On 20/12/2010, at 6:12 PM, Jesse Eichar wrote:

I did a cursory review and nothing leaps out to me as a problem.  I think the bug was introduced when trying to deal with certain use cases like being able to update a schema or something like that.  I think that the changes made now are important as the core functionality must continue to work.
Jesse

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay I am passed the stalemate;  and hopefully Jesse is available for review.
Jesse I have pushed three commits up; the last one is the more interesting.

commit 5a2e27e2733a54065cd1197e10e61a8f1ad64da6
Author: Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Fri Dec 17 20:03:31 2010 +1000

    Sort out interceptor use with SimpleFeatureStore and FeatureStore

commit a3fb58f5ce4ed6f3b519809b7918b0e64cd3c3d7
Author: Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Dec 16 21:26:56 2010 +1000

    update a bit of LF trouble

commit 153c1c512bfd2e45efd72e7d70c1148aa9ed51be
Author: Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Dec 16 13:19:10 2010 +1000

    Remove IconExe.java; no longer needed as it is built into the eclipse release process these days

So what have I done?

I removed those lines from the previous email that were short-circuiting the resource interceptors completely.

I made a separate resource interceptor for:
- FeatureStore<FeatureType,Feature>
- SimpleFeatureStore

They make use of:
- UDIGFeatureStore
- UDIGSimpleFeatureStore

Because UDIGFeatureStore was used by a number of places (such as EditManager) I have pulled out a common UDIGStore interface that can actually be used by anything wanting to be kicked in a transactional way.

With these changes the modify attribute command is getting a correctly wrapped UDIGSImpleFeatureStore and the various AUTO_COMMIT and tool refresh problems reported can no longer be reproduced.

Jody