Re: [udig-devel] Udig RCP tutorial

2010/11/10 Joaquín Rodriguez-Guerra Urcelay <jrguerra@xxxxxxx>:
> Hello list,

Morning

> I just found out about udig, and I would love to use it to embed a udig map
> into my eclipse rcp application. For this, I followed the tutorials to know
> more about udig:
>
> SDK Quickstart Guide
> Plug-in Tutorial
> Custom App Tutorial
> Workbench Tutorial
>
> And then I finally found the example code I was looking for:
> net.refractions.udig.tutorials.rcp

Right; that example code is part of the commercial training course. We
can make those materials available to academics; or you can contact a
PSC member in your area to arrange a course.

> But I cannot get it to work. I have search for old messages in the mailing
> list, and it seems like some people were having problems too before. Is the
> example working right now in udig 1.2?

It should work; the general thrust of that session is identifying what
plugins you need from udig; understanding that
net.refractions.udig.project.ui has a "MapViewer" widget you can use;
and how to embed that into an otherwise innocent RCP application.

I only ever do QA on that when I teach the course; and I have not
taught a course using Eclipse 3.6 yet so it is possible some of the
details need updating. Each major eclipse release tends to change some
of the dependencies required.

> I am using the envelopmet setup proposed in SDK Quickstart Guide with
> Eclipse 3.6 and the extended JRE.

That sounds right.

> This is what I did to run the application:

> In eclipse:
>
> Go to Plugin-Development perspective
>
> Choose net.refractions.udig.tutorials.rcp from the plugins list and import
> it as source project.
>
> Open the manifest.mf and click on launch an eclipse application

Nope; open the product and run that; the product includes the feature
that grabs in all the required plugins.

> And this is the log messages I get:

I think it is missing the net.refractions.udig.catalog.shapefile
plugin; probably because it lacked a dependency on start up? Take your
run configuration and click "add required plugins" to see what
happens.

But yeah; run the product if you can.

Jody

Back to the top