Re: [udig-devel] JGrass and uDig

Hi Farzad,
I setup a small page (which bases on the knowledge of the udig devel
environment setup instructions) to get JGrass building:
http://code.google.com/p/jgrass/wiki/Building

Can you have it a go and let me know if it is working for you?

Thanks,
Andrea

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:35 AM, andrea antonello
<andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alright, I kind of got this.
>
> In the JGrass repo we now have the following folders:
> dbplugins/
> eclipse-extras/
> plugins/
>
> You will have to get all those plugins into your workspace. They work
> now with the latest uDig checkout (the one with the new style editors
> and migrated JGrass parts).
>
> One plugin, the eu.hydrologis.jgrass.extlibs, has a refresh.xml file
> that same as for the udig libs plugin downloads the needed jars.
>
> Let me know how that works for you.
>
> Regarding the gpx plugins, if you want to do it quick, you can just
> checkout the beegis plugins [0] and also add them to your workspace.
> That will add gpsbabel support but also realtime gps support and
> postit geonotes on maps as well as on map drawing and geopaparazzi
> import support, arcpad import etc etc
>
> A nicer possibility (if you are not interested in all the above) would
> be to get ony the [1] utilities pugin of beegis, which already
> contains the gpx classes for reading and writing gpx files and you
> might contribute to that plugin the import and export of gpx to and
> from shapefile? I aready have an example with that code in which I
> export the content of the gps log as a gpx file.
>
> What do you think?
> Andrea
>
> [0] http://code.google.com/p/beegis/source/browse/#hg/beegisplugins
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/beegis/source/browse/#hg/beegisplugins/eu.hydrologis.jgrass.beegisutils
>

> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Farzad Mahdikhani <farzad_itm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>Hi Farzad,
>>>the errors you are showing me are due to some changes that I thought
>>>were made only after the 1.2 tag of uDig. Can you confirm me that you
>>>are using a uDig checkout of tag 1.2?
>>
>> Yes, I am sure that I am using 1.2.0 and the checkout url is
>> http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/tags/1.2.0
>> I also have checked out the jgrass from git://gitorious.org/udig/jgrass.git
>> about 3 days ago.
>>
>>>I won't be able to help you until tomorrow, but I will make a clean
>>>checkout of both uDig and JGrass in order to make sure it works and in
>>>case fixing the small errors you get.
>>
>>>So please have a moment of patiance and let me know which tag of uDig
>>>exactly you are using.
>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Andrea
>>
>> I really appreciate you help and concern.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ferez

>>> ferez