Re: [udig-devel] double click problem

I was mostly referring to adding gestures.  That is not part of traditional SWT.  It might be interesting at some point to look into it, I think there is some mobile stuff out there but I don't know much about that.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:54 AM, andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You have to look into the SWT API.  I don't think it can be done without
> hacking SWT directly for the tablet.  But maybe there is a tablet SWT

Why you think that? What speak against trapping the time between press
and release and in case issue a double click event?
It is an easy way out and doesn't interfere with any event.

I am testing it right now and it works well.

> abstraction that can be used.  I am afraid you are in new territory here.

I guess so, but I would not want to add strange tablet pc thing while
I am able to get on without it. There are too many option and you
never know where it will go in near future. So it would be better to
translate the system0translated-events to something usefull. In fact
the system uses the long click on tablets to supply the right click.
On top of it, I couldn't find anything about swt (but even swing) and
tablet pen. I am guessing this all comes to applications as mouse
events translated by the system.

Andrea