Re: [udig-devel] [SoC] uDig GSoC / weekly report

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 01:02, Craig Taverner <craig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would be great to see a short set of instructions on getting started
> using the shortest path tools in udig. Perhaps you can add that to the wiki,
> or just email the list?

You can find a binary version of the plugins here:
http://www.davidesavazzi.net/gsoc/plugins/
Sources are on github:
http://github.com/svzdvd/net.refractions.udig.catalog.neo4j

For testing purpose I've used the shapefile statscan_rds.shp that I
found in uDig SVN (udig-training/data).
It's a shapefile containing MultiLineStrings, many of them are
connected toghether (they have one equal endpoint).

The first step is to import this shapefile into Neo4j.
>From uDig open the menu File -> Import and select 'Import a SHP file
to a Neo4j Database'.

In the next wizard page, select a directory containing a Neo4j Database.
If you don't have it, select a new empty writeable directory.

Select the shapefile to import and click finish.

A progress bar should appear, it will take a couple of minutes to
import 110883 geometries.

Second step, open the Neo4j Database: open the menu File -> Import,
select 'Data' and in the

Open the directory you've chosen for the Neo4j Database, select the
file 'neostore.id' and click 'Open'.

A new entry should appear in the Catalog window.
If you expand it, you should see the layers contained in the Neo4j Database.

Right-click on 'statscan_rds' and click on 'Add to New Map'.

Now we analyze this LineStrings layer and try to create a Network:
right-click again on 'statscan_rds' and select Operations->'Create
Line Network'.
A progress bar should appear in the bottom-right corner.

When the network creation is finished, a new layer is created
containing the points representing
intersections of the LineStrings layer.
To see this layer right click on the Neo4j Catalog and select
Operations->Refresh.
Now you should see a layer with the suffix 'network points'.

Right-click on this new layer and click on 'Add to Current Map'.

Now expand the Decoration Catalog and add 'Neo4j Network' to current map.
This Decoration will draw the Way Points you select and the shortest
path found by Neo4j.

In the Layers panel, select the 'network points' layer.

Click on the 'Add Way Point' tool and select points in the map, in the
order in which you want to traverse them.

Then click on the 'Find Path' tool. After a few seconds a path should
appear between the selected points.

Now you can select other points for another shortest path calculation.

Regards,
--
Davide Savazzi

Back to the top