[udig-devel] Problem while programmatically adding the project through RCP tutorial

Hi ,

I am new to UDIG I want to display a default map when a RCP application is   started. I am following RCP tutorial.

I am able to add the layer to the map but not able to view the   map. I am using the countries.shp file available with demo data.

I have added following piece of code in createPartControl() method of MapView class

ProjectRegistry projectRegistry = ProjectPlugin.getPlugin().getProjectRegistry();

            Project udigProject = projectRegistry.getProject("D:\\Example Resources\\ProjectTemplates\\temp.udig");

            List<IMap> list = udigProject.getElements(IMap.class);

            IMap map1 = list.get(0);

            List<ILayer> projectLayers = map1.getMapLayers();

            System.out.println("projectLayers" + map1.getName() + "layerCount : " + projectLayers.size() + " bounds : " + map1.getBounds(null).getMinX());

            map = (Map) map1 ;

              map.sendCommandSync(BasicCommandFactory.getInstance().createAddManyLayers(projectLayers));

            ReferencedEnvelope bounds = map.getViewportModel().getBounds();

            System.out.println("Bounds are : " + bounds.getMinX() + bounds.getMaxX());

            map.getViewportModelInternal().setBounds(bounds);

            map.getViewportModelInternal().setCRS(DefaultGeographicCRS.WGS84);

            map.sendCommandASync(new SetViewportBBoxCommand(bounds));

            mapviewer.setMap(map);

The printMapAction shows the name of the layer and the information that the layer is visible , but the map is not  shown .

I followed similar forums and found out the extent needs to be set for display of the map. I am trying to set the bounds and CRS through these statements.

map.getViewportModelInternal().setBounds(bounds);

            map.getViewportModelInternal().setCRS(DefaultGeographicCRS.WGS84);

            map.sendCommandASync(new SetViewportBBoxCommand(bounds));

Am I missing   something   or doing something wrong   ?  I am able to get and set the bounds of Viewport but cannot   find any method to set the bounds of the   Map object.

Appreciate, if I can get some insight in this scenario.

Thanks & Regards

Nidhi

DISCLAIMER: