Re: [udig-devel] MapViewer in a view

Not sure I understand; the MapViewer is built around a normal widget that you can position using a LayoutManager.
You can also use it in a dialog if you so desire.

We tried to make it act like a normal "viewer"; just like JFace ListViewer you can use it (and lay it out) however you like.

Can I confirm you have access to the training materials and went through the "tracking" tutorial that covers the use of a mapviewer.
Jody