Re: [udig-devel] Custom project elements

Hi again!

Thanks for the inputs, I'll look into these shortly.

mvh,
Kenneth

2010/5/20 Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi Kenneth:

The preferred approach is to ask on the email list here :-) Seriously we have not defined many extension points - preferring to wait until people ask with real needs to steer development.

You are going to have to ask Jesse for the details of what can be done however.

My understanding is:
-IProjectElement is available as a superclass
-We have a few places where the api has been opened up; such as extending the system to support new "boxes" for inclusion in a Page.

Looking at net.refractions.udig.project I do see a ProjectElementFactory extension point is available so that is probably the way to go.

Aside: We have also had a request to make use of Eclipse IResource before; but we have never had anyone stick around and contribute a community module; Amazi was interested in this one.  In anycase if people are interested they can start a project for inclusion in the SDK.

jody