Re: [udig-devel] enabled tilecaching results into rendering problems if labels for features are enabled

On 18/05/2010, at 4:54 AM, Frank Gasdorf wrote:

> I agree. Would you confirm that the renderer has to read the features twice? Or does the renderer in combination with the feature reader caches the features till the map extend is rendered? But the filters for labels and features could be different ... Hmm? Any suggestions? If not cached the rendering process could slow down the application, doesn't it?

I seem to recall it does cache the information needed to display the label; usually that is just the attribute and geometry. But I agree it is a hit. We should really check on the geotools-devel list on this one as I did not pay attention to the details.

Jody

Back to the top