Re: [udig-devel] planning

I guess I better release a 1.2-SNAPSHOT and invite people to test, or would releasing a 1.2-RC3 over the course of next week work out for people?

Okay here are those two things as issues for the tracker; scheduled against 1.2.1:
- https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1643
- https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1644

Jody

On 05/05/2010, at 2:06 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> So we are reaching the stage where GeoTools trunk is moving* (mostly
> cleaning up some hard to use code).
>
> As such we need to consider when:
> - June 23rd: to upgrade to Ecipse 3.6
> - July 7th: to upgrade to GeoTools 2.7 (estimated stability date is
> Jully 7th; since that is when I need to finish FOSS4G materials by)
>
> uDig trunk is a moving target itself; indeed we have been fixing many issues.
>
> Recently we missed the 1.2.0 release window; as such we need to consider:
> - do we take the 1.2-RC2 tag and turn it into a branch; update
> geotools to fix the epsg-h2 bug and release?
> - do we wait for the eclipse/geotools changes to settle out; and
> release 1.2.0 in July?
>
> Jody
>
> (*) for reference:
> - http://geotoolsnews.blogspot.com/2010/04/faster-better-geotools-27.html