[udig-devel] Introducing POLYMAP3 - a LGPL SDI platform

# What is POLYMAP3?

POLYMAP3 aims to provide a multi-user SDI platform. Supporting the
power user with an ad-hoc data workbench, the admin user with
configuration workbench and the end users with a simple to use web
client and OGC services.The UI entirely runs inside the web browser.

POLYMAP3 is developed under an open source license (LGPL). POLYMAP3 is
a based on Eclipse/RAP, OpenLayers, GeoTools, uDig and a lot of other
great open source software components. Note that this is a very early
stage. We are doing this to get early feedback and prevent teams to
work on the same stuff in parallel. A lot of things are not working or
are just missing. Currently it is a prove-of-concept for a server side
uDig with OpenLayers as map component. So we want to share this
especially with the uDig community. Thanks for your great project!

There is a screencast: http://vimeo.com/8119782.

# I want to know more

  * http://polymap.org
  * http://www.polymap.org/joomla/index.php/en/wiki

# I want to contribute

Lets discuss ideas in the polymap forum.
http://polymap.org/joomla/index.php/en/forum
If you want to check out the code there is an SVN repo at
https://polymap.org/repos/polymap3/trunk

The whole project is modularized. If you don't have any use for the
SDI platform but for single parts ( e.g. the OpenLayers RAP Widget )
you are welcome too.

Regards,
Falko, polymap.org

Back to the top