[udig-devel] postgis wizard

Okay I have made some progress.... the problem report was not being
able to "leave" the postgis wizard.

- I have experimented with 2.6-SNAPSHOT
-- One issue in that both postgis datastore implementations do not
work at the same time. Both implementation use a default dbtype of
"postgis" - in 2.6.0 they used "postgisng" and "postgis"
-- I have removed the non functioning "SQL" tab in the wizard
- improvement in postgisng datastore allowing it to work with some
tables that have not been fully defined (it will now fetch a single
row and guess based on that)

With this understanding in mind I have also tested against 2.6.0 (as
it would not have the dbtype problem above):
- I can connect to the same databases
- it appears as if it takes a long time for the bounds of the database
table to be determined
- this configuration matches 1.2-M8

I am going to think about this abit if any one has thoughts please speak up.

Back to the top