[udig-devel] Loading layers from empty views

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Quirin Hamp <quirin.hamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:17 AM
Subject: help: Loading layers from empty views
To: udig-devel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Kamal Al-Bawani <kbawani@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

we are working on an issue concerning the loading of layers in a map. We load layers from views in a PostGIS database. As the software that we design is also intended to acquire information there are not necessarily rows within these views at startup up of uDig. We programmed to add layers into the map during runtime only if there are rows, but the layers remain empty even though the data is correctly inserted in the DB.

I would be most grateful for hints concerning this issue.

Best regards,

Quirin HAMP

Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg

Department of Microsystems Engineering