Re: [udig-devel] WMS, WFS, WMS-C fail in uDig 1.2-M6

taking a look

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay a bit of progress on this one ... but the work flow involved is a bit crazy. WMSServiceExtension turns a URL into a map of parameters; from which a URL is etracted and passsed on to WMSConnectionFactory ....

WMSConnectionFactory is handed a URL and was returning null ... looking at the file handling code and correcting it to the following works:
public URL createConnectionURL(Object context) {
    if( context instanceof URL ){
        return (URL) context;
    }
    return null;
}

I can no longer display NASA JPL - I am getting a service returned to the effect:

<!ELEMENT ServiceExceptionReport (ServiceException*)>
<!ATTLIST ServiceExceptionReport version CDATA #FIXED "1.1.1">

<!ELEMENT ServiceException (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST ServiceException code CDATA #IMPLIED>

The stack trace indicates we are making a WMS 1.0 GetMap request - and it looks like from the result above that a 1.1.1 GetMap is expected

at org.geotools.data.ows.ServiceExceptionParser.parse(ServiceExceptionParser.java:51)
at org.geotools.data.ows.Response.parseException(Response.java:76)
at org.geotools.data.ows.Response.<init>(Response.java:51)
at org.geotools.data.wms.response.GetMapResponse.<init>(GetMapResponse.java:42)
at org.geotools.data.wms.WMS1_0_0$GetMapRequest.createResponse(WMS1_0_0.java:288)
at org.geotools.data.ows.AbstractOpenWebService.internalIssueRequest(AbstractOpenWebService.java:425)
at org.geotools.data.wms.WebMapServer.issueRequest(WebMapServer.java:408)
at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wms.WMSServiceImpl$CustomWMS.issueRequest(WMSServiceImpl.java:376)
at net.refractions.udig.render.internal.wms.basic.BasicWMSRenderer2$3.run(BasicWMSRenderer2.java:464)

This seems like pretty crazy changes; does anyone have more details on what was done last week?
Jody