[udig-devel] Custom data store in uDig.

Hello everybody.

I'm new to uDig and GeoTools development, and I have a really hard time developing my own data store. I have read the developer tutorial on data stores on GeoTools page and I think I understand the Factory Spi thing. Basicly my problem is, that the class org.geotools.factory.FactoryFinder does not see my org.geotools.data.DataStoreFactorySpi resource.

First I created the Spi resource in META-INF/services of the plug-in with the class that calls the DataStoreFinder. But it does not work. The Spi resource is not visible for the class loader in FactoryFinder class.

I found somewhere a short note that in uDig a project with services must be added to the net.refractions.udig.libs project. I created a another plug-in with services and added it as a depandancy to the net.refractions.udig.libs project. This also does not work.

I managed to make it work by, exporting the plug-in with services to JAR, and then adding it directly to net.refractions.udig.libs (just like all the GeoTools jars are). This may work, but it's not the way I want it to stay.

Can you help me with this? What is the proper way to create your own data store? Or maybe you could point me to some example of creating a data store (but not in GeoTools by themselves, in uDig). I'm using Eclipse 3.4 and uDig 1.1.1

Thanks.

<mailto:udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

--
Michał Maniecki
Software Programmer

Globema Sp. z o.o., ul. Rostafińskich 4, 02-593 Warszawa, Poland
tel. (+48) 22 848 73 13 w. 61, fax (+48) 22 848 68 83
www.globema.com.pl

Treść tej wiadomości może zawierać prawnie chronione informacje poufne. Jeśli otrzymaliście ją Państwo przez pomyłkę, prosimy o niezwłoczne powiadomienie o tym nadawcy oraz jej usunięcie z Państwa komputera, bez wykonywania, dystrybuowania lub zatrzymywania jakiejkolwiek jej kopii.

This message may contain confidential information protected by law. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately inform the sender of the mistake and delete this message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it.

Back to the top