Re: [udig-devel] imageio-ext version problem with tif

> Hi Daniele and Jody and sorry for the late reply and many thanks for your
> help It worked like a charm, many thanks :). I removed all traces of jai and
> jai image-io and reinstalled them in jre/lib/ext and I'm not getting a
> blocking error anymore.

Nice.

>  Although I'm still getting an internal eclipse
> error: java.lang.RuntimeException: GDAL Not Available ... some image formats
> disabled and !MESSAGE Plug-in net.refractions.udig.catalog.imageio was
> unable to load class
> net.refractions.udig.catalog.imageio.ImageServiceExtension. !STACK 0
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException:
> An error occurred while automatically activating bundle
> net.refractions.udig.catalog.imageio (17). Do I need to worry about these
> errors?

I am so confused I am not sure anymore; I think that there are a
couple formats that are not always available (depending on what DLLs
you have); as such I expect a couple formats to turn themselves off
most of the time.

> While we at it, would someone be so kind to update two bad links in
> the tutorial:
> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/04+Java+Runtime+Environment#04JavaRuntimeEnvironment-LinuxJREManualInstall
> which are the Linux JAI Install and Linux Image IO Install. These should be:
> https://jai.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html and
> https://jai-imageio.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html respectively

Thanks for the corrections; the page has been updated (can you check it over?)

Jody

Back to the top