Re: [udig-devel] Re: Polyconic Projection

Hi Jody/Mauricio,
Can you tell me what are the files in GEOTOOLS that need to be changed if I want to add a new projection. I am going thru the geotools code for four days now but  still not able to find a way. I am not able to understand the proper workflow for creating a CRS object from a wkt String crsFactory.createFromWKT(String wktString) method;.

2009/5/28 Mauricio Pazos <mauricio.pazos@xxxxxxxx>
On Wednesday 27 May 2009 16:33:53 Jody Garnett wrote:
> > Hi Jody,
> > I think proj4 library already supports polyconic projections. Can't we
> > use it directly in geotools?
>
> Not directly; geotools has a pure java solution going on for referencing.
A Java Native Interface (jni) could be developed as a java wrapper over the
proj api. This solution provides access to java but it requires to compile
proj for each platform. (Perhaps this good library justifies this effort).

cheers
--
Mauricio Pazos
www.axios.es