Re: [udig-devel] svn down

I can tell you from experience that GIT integrates quite well with SVN.  I use it even with SVN projects.  You can strip off the top commit and start building a history from there.  I find that way the least painful.  Compared to cloning the whole repo which can take days (that first time).  I tried bazaar's integration and it wasn't nearly as smooth for a number of reasons.

Branching is a big reason I would like to go Distributed.  Any of the above merge MUCH better than SVN.

Jesse