[udig-devel] Navigation view wireframe

Hi Andrea:

We talked a bit about changes to the viewport model for time and scale
as part of your netCDF work for SOC. I promissed you a simplified UI
mockup - giving me a chance to try out the wireframe sketcher tool :-)

I have updated the wiki page here:
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/Temporal+Support+with+a+Navigation+View

I would like to start making this view; we can start with a copy of
the bookmark view; and we can practice changing the viewport model to
support the idea of "predefined" scale.... in order to pick up on set
scales available via any tile sets on the map.

I was thinking we would do the following:
- show the scale for the currently selected layer (if it is like a
tileset that cares about such things)
- if the current layer does not have set scales; check the entire map
for any layer that has a set scale (maybe merge into one list?)
- if no layers have set scales we can use the default (from
preferences?) that we have now 1:10,000, 1:50,000 that sort of thing

If we can make this work for scale; it would show the way to do this
for time ...

Jody