[udig-devel] unable to load map reloaded - very blocking

After ages and ages of people telling me about the unable to load map
problem, I finally got one while developing inside eclipse in debug
mode.

User always had in the log just:
java.lang.RuntimeException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x0)
was found in the element content:¬Ã

But I was unable to understand what the hell was the problem (apart of
being related to the Italian installation, which is why no one else
outside had the problem :)).

I attach an image of the stack trace, since I am unable to paste it.
if I do so, the text is trimmed to exactly what is seen in the log.

Anyone an idea about how to fix that. I can't understand why this
doesn't happen always. Where is the failing character? In a path? Why
then not always?

This is an extremly blocking one for Italians (probably also other locales),
Ciao
Andrea