Re: [udig-devel] Arrowhead Symbolizers

Right now SLD renders a point symbolizer half way along the line I think.

Andrea and I are just talking about how to do this; what we need to do
is "preprocess" the geometry prior to letting a point symbolizer draw
it. We are thinking of allowing the point symbolizer to define a
geometry expression (rather than just a geometry); however there are
some problems with this approach (since it makes figuring out what
bounding box to request difficult) unless the function can be
"inverted" or something. The alternative is to strictly define the
available geometry preprocess options (first point; last point;
buffer; etc...).  I would like to do better then this in order to
allow linear referencing system style drawing (draw the line from 20%
to 80% in this color).

Cheers,
Jody