AW: [udig-devel] Map3D in UDIG

Regarding the pan and zoom tools, they work fine for me even with Java3D, but for the moment I'm only doing 2D rendering, so that is no surprise.

In the long run, when we want to render real 3D data, separate tools is not enough, we really need a viewport model that takes care of 3D aspects (so it would be a viewing frustum) really, and we need tools to support at least the 6 dimensions of rigid motions. Plus scaling, perspective projections etc.

Or maybe we no longer need a viewport model at all, if this is just a private contract between the ViewportPane and the Tools? Don't know what side effects that would have.

By the way, I've started writing up some background on my protoype in http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/Java3D+Renderer

This is incomplete, but it's a start...

Regards,
Harald

innovative systems GmbH Navigation-Multimedia
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Edwin Summers - Kevin Brown
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg - Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 59980

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.