From: <a href=3D"mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>udig-deve=
l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a><br>
[mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>udig-de=
vel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>] On Behalf Of Jody<br>
Garnett<br>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 9:21 PM<br>
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS<br>
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] How does one change the saving and loading sld<br=

styleinformation?<br>
There are a couple of aspects to what you are talking about. You<br>
mentioned making use of a database so I am going to take a couple wild<br>
guesses to try and figure out what you are getting at based on what<br>
others have done.<br>
The uDig load/save mechanism for Maps is all about saving this<br>
information into a project directory. In the past people have wanted to<br>
either:<br>
- save this information too and from a databases so users can work on a<br>
common set of maps<br>
- save this information too and from an Open Web Context document (to be<br=

attached to a wiki page)<br>
- save just the style information into a database and &quot;update&quot; ex=
isting<br>
maps to use the latest style from the common central database<br>
In each one of these cases you are going to get in there making your own<br=

maps and layers; taking charge of the process your application uses to<br>
assemble a working Map data structure for udig to draw. Let me know<br>
which one of the above scenarios you are working towards and I can try<br>
and make more specific recommendations.<br>
(the general idea is that these are just data structures so you can<br>
&quot;load&quot; and &quot;save&quot; them as you see fit)<br>
If I can ask you to review the IRC logs from this weeks meeting; Moovida<br=

requested a new &quot;export style&quot; extension point be created; it is =
not<br>
quite related to your request here - except in that it will represent<br>
another example of saving and loading a style to a file.<br>
Jody<br>
Justin R. Lynch wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Greetings everyone. We are currently using the sld style to render the=
&gt; layers for our project. We need to change where the information about<=
br>
&gt; a layer&#39;s style is saved and loaded. We would like to be able to s=
ave<br>
&gt; / load this information from a database. It seems that a SLDContent<br=

&gt; (net.refractions.udig.style.sld) currently loads /saves this<br>
&gt; information from the eclipse IMemento. If we were creating our own<br>
&gt; style and renderer we could use these methods to instead load / save<b=
r>
&gt; to the database but I don&#39;t know how to use the sld style provided=
 and<br>
&gt; replace just the save and load. The best I can come up with is to use<=
br>
&gt; copy / paste reuse and basically copy all of the<br>
&gt; net.refractions.udig.style.sld plug-in into another plug-in and just<b=
r>
&gt; change those two functions.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Am I missing something? What is the correct way to change this<br>
&gt; functionality?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; If I create a new style that just re-implements the StyleContent,<br>
&gt; won&#39;t I have problems making that style get selected over the sld<=
br>
style?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Justin<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -------<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The information contained in this message may be company sensitive and=
&gt; is for the intended addressee only. Any unauthorized use,<br>
&gt; dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is<br>
&gt; prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the<b=
r>
&gt; sender immediately and delete this message.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
a><br>