Re: [udig-devel] transparency

Ciao Graham,
the resample operation uses the warp operation form JAI.
The warp operation fills up gaps in the resulting raster with some
values which can be controlled via the backgroundValues input
parameters. The default value is 0.
This means that as an instance if you warp an RGB image the gaps will
be filled with balck (0,0,0).
If you want to be able to have the gaps transparent the best thing is
to change the color model of the input raster to RGBA so taht you'll
the gaps automatically set to transparent black.

If my memory serves me right, there is no way to set the
backgroundValues via the Resameple operation since it does some
automagic computation on categories to get them.

Hope that helps,
Simone.
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
GeoSolutions S.A.S.